There are two sets of skills; base skills and advanced skills.
Base SkillsBase skills are skills that a character would naturally start out with and are often required before moving into advanced skills. Base skills are free and every character needs to have at least one base skill.
You can take more than one base class but the second base skill you choose is no longer free and cost 30 points per base skill you would like. Broods acquire weapons or augury base skills for free.
Brood cats cannot learn skills.
Advanced SkillsAdvanced skills cost points (see how to accumulate points below) as well as having one or two base skills.
Acquiring PointsTo give your characters skills they have to accumulate points. There are three ways to accumulate points.
The first way (and what will matter when you are creating the character) is through the life span of your character. When you create a character and they are of an older age then logic should dictate that they would naturally have already developed some base and advanced skills. To handle this we have come up with a system. For every 3 years of life your character has above 13 years old you get 15 points until the age of 50. At age 50 and over for every 6 years of life you receive 15 points.
After 100 years of age your character can no longer earn points.
The second is to post with the character, a character will receive 5 points for every new topic they start and 2 points for every reply.
The third way is through special events and games happening around the site.
Adding SkillsAs you write and participate in events around the site you build up points. When you want to trade in those points for skills you can can post here.
- Magic User
- Augury (Brood only)
- Police/Law Enforcement
- Shadow Jumper (Costs: 30 pts & Stealth or Weapons base skill)
- Assassin (Costs: 40 pts & Stealth base skill)
- Brood Hunter (Costs: 50 pts & Stealth or Military base skill)
- Shifter (Costs: 30 pts & Magic User or Priest/Priestess base skill)
- Arcane Specialist (From Utopia only) (Costs: 10 pts & Magic User base skill, shadow mages must take this advanced skill)
- Martial Artist (40 pts & Weapons or Fighter/Brawler base skill)
- Special Forces (40 pts & Military & Weapons base skill)
- Sniper (40 pts & Military & Weapons base skill)
- CIA Operative (40 pts & Spy advanced skill)
- Felidae (40 pts & Brood & Military & Weapons base skill)
- Felidae Smilodon (40 pts & Brood & Military & Weapons base skill & Felidae Advanced skill)
- Leader (30 pts & either Military, Augury military or Politician skills)
- Crafty (30 pts & Trickery base skill)
- Lucky (Costs: 40 pts & any base skill)
- Shrewd (Costs: 40 pts & any base skill)
- Millionaire (Costs: 50 pts & Craftsman/Businessman base skill & either Shrewd or Lucky advanced skill)
- Augury, military (40 pts & Brood & Military & Augury base skill)
- Mentalist (40 pts & either Brood & Augury base skill)
- Arcane Archer (80 pts & Weapons base skill)
- Pyrokineticist (Brood only) (Costs: 40pts & Augury base skill)
- Elementalist (Costs: 40 pts & Magic User)
- Mage Hunter (Costs: 50 pts & Weapons or Stealth base skill)
- Spy (Costs: 30 pts & Stealth or Weapons base skill)
- Healer (Costs: 10 pts & Priest/Priestess base skill)
- Devotee (Costs: 40 pts & Priest/Priestess base skill)
- Naturist (Costs: 10 pts & Magic user or Priest/Priestess base skill)
Don't see something in these lists that you'd like to add contact Ava and propose what you'd like to add. Please make sure that it wouldn't fall under one of the already existing options.